Friday, August 30, 2013

Opening my eyes

I'm stubborn. Plain and simple. I like to have my way. I like to be in control. And I generally don't understand why people wouldn't do things the way I do because it's the right way! Ugh I'm a mess..I'm working on it;) 

With that being said when Brandon and I got married I made him go to a Baptist Church with me. He was raised Assembly of God. So this was very different for him. He went anyways. We went to two great Churches but we just knew it wasn't home. But had no clue where home was? I wanted what I knew. Sunday school followed by main service in church pews with everyone in their Sunday best. 

We tried a new church. No Sunday school. Home groups only. A contemporary service. You can drink and eat during service. And come dressed in shorts & flip flops or a suit & tie. It was a far cry from what I "knew". But turns out its everything I never knew I wanted from a church. So thankful that for once I let go of my stubbornness and tried something new. It's amazing what the change has done for my family. So much growth in such a short amount of time. 
Hearing this little boy come out of nursery not just saying his memory verse but explaining it to me melts my heart!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment