Monday, August 5, 2013

I suffer from...

I suffer from MEGA MOMMA GUILT!!!

I run a very organized home. I keep a pretty clean house. Well as clean as it gets with the toy spreading machine that is Hudson. I have dinner made and waiting every night when Brandon gets home. I do all I can to play with & teach my kids while I am at home with them. I am meant to be a stay at home mom. I have no doubt this is where God wants me for this season of my life.

However since becoming a stay at home mom I feel like I have put my self on the back burner. And not just a little a lot. But I just have this huge guilt when I leave the kids!! I feel guilty asking Brandon to watch them after he has worked all day. I feel guilty getting a sitter. I feel guilty asking my mom because she will say yes no matter what. So while I balance all the demands and duties of my new role I sure haven't learned how to balance "me time" even date nights are hard. Once I'm gone I'm fine but it's the hours leading up to leaving that I start thinking "oh I really don't need to go" when in reality I NEED to go!! And a few hours kid free can make you so much of a better momma! So I've decided to just really make an effort for more date nights and more girl time. Date nights always leave you feeling a little more lovey and a girls night are always full of laughter. 
So I kissed the kidos goodbye tonight & I went out with two of my oldest friends. We enjoyed a great meal and just laughed for hours! The Bible talks a lot about friendship & especially for women. We were meant to have fellowship with good friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment