Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Mommy makes it best!

So I got this big idea I was going to make my own baby food!!! Hudson just started baby food a couple weeks ago so I bought a few jars at about 50 cents apiece. He was not the biggest fan at first but has soon changed his mind:). So I headed to target and got myself a bullet and a couple ice cube trays and started whipping up some baby food for this hungry little boy! I've made sweet potatoes and green beans so far and it is so easy just throw them in a pot of water for a few minutes then just a few seconds in the bullet add a little bit of water or formula/breast milk and they are done! I chose to make up a bunch to freeze so I just put it in an ice cube tray then once it froze just pop it out & put it in a freezer safe container then you can just get out as much as you need at that feeding. It lasts for 2 months in the freezer. So you can make an entire months worth for just a few dollars!!! But not only is it a huge money saver it is so much healthier for this sweet boy to have fresh fruits and veggies with no additives. Once he's bigger I can just throw whatever we eat for dinner in that little bullet as well! I must admit I felt very accomplished after this task!

1 comment: